South Auckland-based position, working for a New Zealand owned and operated business needing an Pitan / C++ Programmer / Developer!
We are a leading, NZ owned and operated Logistics Company based in Manukau looking for a full-time or part-time IT programmer to assist the IT Manager to expand and develop the capabilities of the Pitan system for internal use. The current warehouse management system is coded in C++ with a Dbase IV backend and additional custom programs written in Python and Bash scripting.
Cardinal Logistics is a growing company, which operates in a fast moving and dynamic industry sector. We are looking for a motivated individual interested in a IT and/or Logistics career.
Major roles and responsibilities:
- Develop capabilities of Pitan system
- Troubleshoot errors when required
- Liaise with warehouse managers on support and new user set up
- Liaise with customers to develop / setup EDI interfaces
- Other ad-hoc IT tasks as requested by IT Manager or senior management .
Qualifications & technical skills required:
- Self-taught IT hobbyist or a qualified professional with an IT Degree/Diploma
- 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- A motor vehicle & full drivers license – must be able to travel between sites
- Strong working knowledge of C++
- Python to a large degree
- Dbase IV must have experience
- Linux command line usage compulsory, no GUI
- Bash scripting
- These skills would be an advantage: ASP.NET, C#, PHP, HTML, SQL server (MSSQL, MySQL and SQLite), XML, JSON, CSV, SOAP API.
Experience in the logistics industry and advantage Can prioritise and juggle multiple tasks at a time and work under pressure Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including excellent English language written and verbal skills StorMan/FreightMan is C++ Custom programs are a mix of C++ and Python The web module is ASP.NET/C#/SQL Server BOTS mapping tool is written in python - has an sqlite backend StorMan/FreightMan database is DBase IV If this sounds like you, please apply to the link below with your cover letter and CV!